Remote Browser (RBrowser®) by Robert Vasvari
RBrowser provides access to files on the local host as well as remote UNIX® systems with an easy-to-use graphical interface.
- System requirements: RBrowser runs on the (Intel) Apple Macintosh and supports OSX 10.15.5, Catalina.
- Folder Synchronization: Local-to-Local and Local-to-Remote (any protocol) and Remote-to-Local.
- Automatically detects protocol capabilities of the remote host - with the "Auto" setting RBrowser figures out the best connection style to use.
- Protocol independent transfers - remote-to-remote transfers between any hosts.
- Intelligent combination of ssh/sftp for best performance - RBrowser's intelligent protocol layer selects the optimal method for each task.
Who is RBrowser for?
- Anybody who has accounts on remote UNIX/Linux systems of whatever flavor, or on any host that has an FTP server.
- Working on documents, managing files over the network can be fairly painful, especially for those who are not experts in the cryptic UNIX shell commands.
- If you work on remote systems or have to move files back and forth often, RBrowser can make your life a lot easier.
- RBrowser provides an easy way to manage and edit your HTML pages directly on the remote WEB host.
- Maintain your web pages and sync the changes with a single click!
- Backup your important files using the Folder Sync Engine in RBrowser!
RBrowser is a full featured free graphic FTP-SFTP client.
- RBrowser allows the user to manage/browse files on the remote host with an easy-to-use graphic interface.
- File management includes move, copy, duplicate, compress, delete,set permissions, make links, etc...
- Remote Editing, Folder Synchronization.
- Entire file trees can be moved between local and remote host, or between remote hosts by simple drag & drop.
- Remote-to-Remote File Transfers between any hosts, regardless of protocol
- All operations run simultaneously, no one task will lock up your work.
- RBrowser's Folder Sync utility preserves HFS Metadata!
Why is RBrowser better than other SFTP clients?
- RBrowser supports Fork/Finder metadata
- RBrowser uses recursive commands to speed operations on big file systems.
- RBrowser supports direct Remote-to-Remote transfers
- RBrowser supports changing users after connection
- RBrowser supports secondary connections to reach hosts that cannot support direct access
- RBrowser can copy files between folders on the remote host
What makes RBrowser so good?
- RBrowser is based on the SFTP, SSH, PAX, and SCP tools available on your Mac
- RBrowser chooses the right tool for the task based on what the remote server supports
- RBrowser prefers SFTP for transferring files because SFTP can hold a continuous connection and create links
- RBrowser prefers SSH to manipulate files directly on the remote host: copying files, modifying permissions, and deletions
- RBrowser can also remotely use SCP to enable direct server-to-server file transfers
- RBrowser automatically selects the best available tool for the job, so you do not even have to think about it!
RBrowser was developed by Robert Vasvari (who holds all rights on it).
Maintenance is now done by a group of dedicated volunteers in their spare time.
For support please email: rbrowser -at- lrau .net
To download RBrowser, click on the icon
Click Here for the original support site